But! The other day, I was reading a friend's blog and she mentioned a mosaic-making site, so I clicked over. Oh. My. Word. It really is a piece of cake- even for someone like me! I produced my fist mosaic in a manner of a few minutes, no chunk of quiet time required.
Here's how to do it:
1) Go to the website Big Huge Labs here. Look down the left hand side and click on "Mosaic Maker".
2) Choose your layout (I like squares) and the number of columns and rows you want in your mosaic.
3) Click "Choose Photo" in the box beside the number 1, then click "browse" to begin loading your pictures into the small window. They may ask you to create an account. I did this because it allows you to keep on file the photos you upload for use another time (without re-uploading). Once you've chosen a photo, click "upload" and, right away, browse again to add more.
4) Once you have the number of photos you need for your mosaic, click on a photo and it will pop over to the box beside number 1. Then, click on the box beside number two, your photos will pop up and you can click on which photo you want to be second. Continue until all the boxes are filled, then click "Create".
5) Your mosaic will be revealed and right above it is a button to "save" your mosaic on your computer.
Wallah! That's all there is to it:-).
In mosaic above, left to right: Sam's garden, braided garlic, Rose of Sharon, veggies and dip, Sadie's garden, wineberries, saved spinach seeds, dinosaur at the pool, and another Rose of Sharon. Pin It